Vollereaux


Vollereaux Cuvée Marguerite 2011 |Vintage |2011

Vollereaux

Vollereaux Cuvée Marguerite 2011

Vintage 2011

$129.95

- Prestige cuvée of Maison Vollereaux

- Chardonnay-dominant 2/3 and Pinot Noir 1/3

- Aged 7 years on lees

A bright nose filled with juicy mandarin, exotic mango, salted caramel and almond nougat. The palate offers up creamy, toasty with soft acidity falling away. It is well structured and layered revealing a bitter orange (think Campari notes) followed by fresh rhubarb. The finish is persistent and stays with you for several minutes, leaving a lasting impression. The creaminess fills the mouth and is the result of the malolactic fermentation of the base wines.

It is a blend of the best parcels of Chardonnay (75%) and the remainder Pinot Noir (25%), which adds depth and volume in the mouth. The ageing is 7 years on lees in the bottle, with a dosage of 9g/l added at disgorgement. 100% Malolactic fermentation. 

Interesting fact

Franck was inspired to create a limited release of this cuvée, by submerging under the sea near Ouessant Island, at a depth of 60 metres and ageing it for a year. This is a unique approach and very few producers go to this length to age their champagne. The bottle bears the characteristic sign of the ocean.

Settled in Pierry since 1805, the Champagne house Vollereaux produced its first bottles in 1923. Now Franck Vollereaux, sixth generation of wine growers, selects with care the best grapes of its 42 hectares vineyard, completed by a supply selected in faithful wine growers’ vineyard, to compose each year around 400,000 bottles of a range of highly expressive champagnes. 

A wine with such richness and juiciness would partner well with seared scallops or grilled blue eye cod with pancetta and pea mash.

About the House

Settled in Pierry since 1805, the Champagne house Vollereaux produced its first bottles in 1923. Now Franck Vollereaux, sixth generation of wine growers, selects with care the best grapes of its 42 hectares vineyard, completed by a supply selected in faithful wine growers’ vineyard, to compose each year around 400,000 bottles of a range of highly expressive champagnes. 

Food Pairing

A wine with such richness and juiciness would partner well with seared scallops or grilled blue eye cod with pancetta and pea mash.

Descriptors & Texture


Chardonnay Dominant

Earth


Mineral

Foods


Nougat Caramel

Tropical Fruit


Mango

Red Fruits


Rhubarb

Nut


Almond