- Possibly the most recognisable champagne brand in the world.
- An iconic cuvée in honour of Madame Clicquot in Magnum and custom case
- From one of the best vintages in Champagne - 2008. Only 6 available!
This was first launched in 1972 for Veuve Clicquot's bicentennial, the rare and remarkable La Grande Dame champagne is a tribute to Madame Clicquot and it has never been more brilliant than the 2008 vintage.
La Grande Dame Rosé 2008 offers a beautiful pink gold with light copper hues. It is full-bodied and smooth, then becomes refined with fresh aromas. The Pinot noir's generosity is amplified after extended ageing in the Veuve Clicquot cellars.
The palate is delicate and smooth which is in full harmony with the nose. The fruit just sings and presents an intensity laden with bramble fruit - think cherry, strawberry, blackberry and blackcurrant. In addition, waves of citrus notes like blood orange and pink grapefruit rise with a spicy twist mixed with black tea and Spanish leather, keeping everything intoxicating and just damn right incredible.
- The blend for La Grande Dame Rosé 2008 features 92% Pinot Noir from Veuve Clicquot's historical Grands Crus in Aÿ, Ambonnay, Bouzy, Verzy and Verzenay. The 8% Chardonnay is from the House's Grand Cru in Le-Mesnil-sur-Oger.
- Veuve Clicquot Ponsardin La Grande Dame Rosé 2008 features 14% Pinot Noir red wine from the Clos Colin in Bouzy, one of the most historical plots in the Veuve Clicquot vineyard.
- Drink now right through to 2032