- Aged for 10 years on lees and from 3 specific plots in Ludes
- Made by Francois & Pierre Huré who are generational growers
- Pair with Cheese plate of varying styles and age and can handle some creamy chicken or fish dishes as well.
This is only made in great vintages and made from old vines which are Massale Selection. Massale selection is the process of selection the best performing vines from any given plot, take cuttings from the and then raise them in a nursery, ready to re-plant in the vineyard. Over time, the vineyard has the best genetic material to produce the most consistent and high quality fruit. Most of the vines are more than 45 years old.
The result is an intense and elegant Champagne both to the taste and to the scent: notes of dried fruit, walnuts, ripe peach, up to the confectionery are perceived to the sense of smell; while in the mouth it is rich in taste and persistent, with a surprising freshness for a Champagne of this structure.
- Blend of 40% Chardonnay – Lieu dit : Les Sentiers (planting year 1974)
- 35% Pinot noir – Lieu dit : Les chemins d’amis (planting year 1979),
- 25% Pinot Meunier – Lieu dit : La grosse pierre (planting year : 1963)
- Fermented on natural yeasts | Dosage 2.5 g/L