La Grande Année is the embodiment of the carefully preserved traditional expertise of the Bollinger Champagne House, in an exceptional format (1.5L).
- Vinification takes place exclusively in small old oak barrels
(20 years old on average), maintained in Bollinger’s
cooperage, of which there are more than 3,500.
- Riddling and disgorging are performed entirely by hand,
and take place after ageing on the lees in bottles with,
To the eye: The delicate colour and golden hues are a sign of the wine’s maturity and reflective of Bollinger’s wine-making methods.
To the nose: full and expressive. Apricot, almond and hazelnut, followed by notes of honey and cereals intertwining in a symphony of aromas.
On the palate: exceptional texture and structure. Dense, silky with a long finish. Fresh and full with a delicious refined finish.
Thanks to its incomparable depth and creamy texture, La Grande Année is truly a great gastronomic champagne. Its rich texture, creamy effervescence and delicate bitterness make it the ideal partner for refined dishes and fine products.
- Scallops with sorrel and vanilla.
- Grilled oyster, smoked butter and sea purslane.
- Hen of the woods mushroom, potato emulsion and truffle.